Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Recap

I can't believe the weekend is already come and gone! 
This was a jam-packed weekend, but I'm sad to see it come to an end. Friday night, we drove to Athens, GA for my sister-in-law's undergraduate graduation from UGA. There were threats of rain, but it ended up being a perfect night. Georgia Senator Johnny Isakson was the commencement speaker and gave a speech about 6 secrets for happiness and success (similar speech given by Isakson can be seen here). Despite not being a fan of Johnny Isakson, the speech was good and he included this great quote by Spencer Kimball: "Love people, not things; use things, not people."

On Saturday morning, after Zumba class, I took Townes on a long walk and then we did yard work. We were worried about rain and had promised to do some work for our neighbor who recently had a heart attack so we moved very quickly. I actually finished mowing the whole yard in 48 minutes which may be a new record! Of course, it didn't end up raining until late Saturday night. We planted some new plants too. Best part of Spring!

A freshly mowed lawn is the best. 
New plants for the yard and inside the house. Elephant Ears are my favorite!
On Saturday night, J surprised me with flowers for our 9 year [dating] anniversary. I can't believe how quickly time as passed. It's insane that we were such babies when we met...
For a late dinner, we went to a new Italian restaurant, La Tagliatella. I ended up getting their signature thin crust pizza, Tagliatella, which has tomato, mozzarella, fried eggplant, Parmigiano-Reggiano drizzled with honey and aceto balsamico. It was incredible! I definitely recommend it.


 For Mother's Day, we met up with my family for a bagel brunch. I ran 3 miles in the very humid Georgia weather in the morning to make up for my everything bagel!
My beautiful sister and me.
I'm so lucky to have these beautiful, loving Lehrer ladies in my life. So happy to celebrate Mother's Day with them.
 After brunch, we took Townes to the dog park near my parents' house so he could play and get in the water. Isn't he the sweetest?

 We headed home for a bit in between visiting my family and going to see J's family. I took the down time to lay in the hammock, listen to the birds, and read the latest issue of Living magazine.
 We celebrated with all of my mother-in-law's extended family with a cookout and even my niece tagged along. I can't believe she's almost as tall as me and she's only 9 years old! Love her to pieces.
 Natalie and J are like two peas-in-a-pod. She loves to goof off with him...too sweet!
 Now back to the grind...hope your week is magical.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...