Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt

This month has been crazy so I felt a bit rushed when it came to Valentine's Day. Truthfully, I'm not a huge fan of this holiday (I mean it's only 6 weeks after Christmas)! Since I had been out of town the whole week leading up to Valentine's Day, the day was really just a nice way to reconnect with J.
We went to dinner (very casual - burritos) and then came home to exchange gifts. I went more practical with my gifts to J (nice button up, iTunes, and boxers). Not my most memorable gifts, but I think [hope] J was happy.
Then when I went to open my gift, I got this note with a string on it that had a keychain and clue on the bottom. J had planned a scavenger hunt! He used a poem that he wrote for the clues.
There were so many clues all over the house and some had the most thoughtful gifts with them (an amazing watch, necklace, coffee mug, waterproof notepad, [risque] candy hearts, and more).
It was such a fun night and I felt so loved.
We ended the night watching "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" at home. This Valentine's Day may even make me reconsider my thoughts of this Hallmark holiday.

So apparently I need to step it up next year, huh?

Staying with the theme, we also started a new tradition where we made the below mailbox and randomly leave each other love notes. It's so nice to find the flag raised.
What is your favorite way to surprise your partner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...