Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DIY: Happy Fall Sign

Happy Fall y'all!
I wanted to be able to add a fun little sign to my Fall wreath after the Halloween decorations came down so I went to my local craft store and bought a wooden sign and letters. I already had the acrylic paint, paint brush, and wood glue needed for the rest of the project.

First I took the sign and painted it brown (make sure to get all of the side edges).
 

While the sign was drying, I mixed some orange paint and painted the letters needed to spell out "Happy Fall."  I had originally wanted to have the sign say "Happy Fall y'all" (shocker, huh?) but the sign wasn't big enough (to my husband's relief).
 
  Once the letters were all dry, I laid them out on the wooden sign to make sure they were aligned properly. Then I added just a tiny bit of wood glue to the back of each letter and made sure they were on securely.
Here's the final sign! 
I think it'll look great on our front door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...