Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Featured Artist: Tatyana Fazlalizadeh

 
I've always loved street art and thankfully Atlanta's street art community has grown significantly since the non-profit Living Walls came to Atlanta. Their mission is "to promote, educate and change perspectives about public space in our communities via street art." Pretty amazing, right?

Well I am loving the work of Tatyana Fazlalizadeh (along with every other woman). Her work really resonates with me and carries such an important message for men and women. Hopefully these visual reminders in conjunction with the #yesallwomen movement will really help open some minds and show women out there that they are not alone. It's unfortunate that women grow up feeling that harassment is normal and to be expected. I have been told multiple times by men (strangers) that I should smile which is so unnerving...especially when I probably smile more than most people!
 
Check out this awesome video of Tatyana Fazlalizadeh and her work:

Hopefully our generation is taking steps in the right direction and we can all feel equal and more safe.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...