Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! 
I am so inspired by this photo. My favorite thing to do is get out in nature and walk among the trees so this quote definitely makes me smile.

Although it'd be tough to best our last stay in a sailboat during our last Seattle trip, this tiny cottage sure would be a close competitor. Now we just need to finally get started on our own tiny house...more on that soon!

This Great Dane puppy that refuses to wake up and get out of bed reminds me so much of Townes. It's the cutest thing to watch him keep stretching and laying back down! So hilarious!

I can't wait to take more camping trips this Summer and Fall. Even though I really enjoy tent-camping, how fun would this camper be to take for a weekend? 

This letter written by marine biologist Rachel Carson before her death from cancer to a dear friend is so poignant and beautiful. She describes the migration of the monarch butterflies in relation to the human journey of life and death. A must read!

I'm going to have to check out this documentary about the struggle of being homosexual in the surfing community. Kind of interesting that even in a seemingly very accepting and open sport, that people would still feel ashamed and alone. Thankfully, times are a changin'...

Like everyone else, I can't wait to watch the new season of Orange Is The New Black! It's now officially released on Netflix! I know what my weekend will consist of!

My weekend will be spent poolside with some of my favorite ladies, well hopefully...We've been having a mixture of sunny, hot days and insane afternoon thunderstorms this week so hoping for a bit of sunshine tomorrow! On Sunday, I'm off to Los Angeles for work and I'll be there for a few days so let me know if you have any "must-do" suggestions!

Lastly (and most importantly), happy birthday to my best friend, Kelly! I wish I could be in Vegas to celebrate with you, but we'll just have to plan a girls' weekend beach trip. I'll find my Homegrown CD somewhere and play "Surfer Girl" as loud as I can for you today! Thankfully, we're getting better with age...proof below. Haha!
 I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...