Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wise Words

While in the mountains last week, I read the latest October Southern Living magazine. This issue featured amazing cottages, recipes, Asheville road trip ideas, and my favorite: an interview with Dolly Parton! 
I've always loved Dolly's music and her positive outlook on life. Her song "Coat of Many Colors" makes me misty-eyed every time! 

One of my favorite quotes from the article is: "People always say “You seem to always be so happy.” But I’m not always happy. Nobody is happy all the time. I’m a very sensitive person. I’m a songwriter, so I have to live with my feelings on my sleeve. I have to not harden my heart, because I want to stay open to feel things. So when I hurt, I hurt all over. And when I cry, I cry real hard. And when I’m mad, I’m mad all over. I’m just a person; I like to experience whatever the feeling is and whatever I’m going through. But I have a good attitude. And I was born with a happy heart. I’m always looking for things to be better."

Such an inspiration! It's still on my bucket list to see her perform!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...