Saturday, July 10, 2010

ukelady

on our 5 year anniversary back in may, j got me a ukelele! i had been talking about wanting to learn how to play and he surprised me with a concert ukelele!


for my birthday last week, he surprised me again with ukelele lessons. i had my first lesson last thursday and absolutely loved it. i've already learned 5 chords and i'm practicing chord progressions before next week's lesson. i can't wait to be at the point where i can play full songs. i know it's ways away, but better late than never, right?

for my birthday, j also got me some other amazing gifts. he's always so great at celebrating birthdays. i am a lucky girl.



i got a "dreams of stars" t-shirt, williams sonoma's "message on a cookie" kit, a lowercase "n" for our bookshelf, and a bunch of books! my favorite book so far has been the "one line a day: a five year memory book," because i get to write down any thoughts or events from the day and see how it changes in the years to follow. i have really enjoyed it! if you're interested, you can find the book on amazon or here. it would make a great gift too.

well my banana bread is almost done and i need to clean before my loved ones come over for a belated birthday celebration. hope you have a wonderful saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...