Thursday, July 10, 2014

CSA Wednesday

Every Wednesday feels a bit like Christmas, because that's when I pick up the weekly CSA box. Although it's somewhat easy to assume some of the items that will be included each week (based on what is currently in season locally), it's still fun to find little surprises.

This week we got eggs (of all colors - no discrimination here!), blueberries, green beans, squash, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, peaches, and a melon (I'm assuming it's a cantaloupe). 

Our house is loaded with veggies since we have the CSA and our garden! Our garden is giving us tons of tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, dill, and jalapeno peppers. I'm planning my meals for the rest of the week and think this summer salad is what I'm making tonight. I may add some black beans...I hope it's good, but adding avocado to any salad makes taste better!
Recipe here.

What are your favorite summer fruits and vegetables?

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Jeremy and I loved our CSA, we will definitely be getting it again when we are settled somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you have to have a CSA anyways living in California!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...