Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend Recap

This weekend was awesome. Super busy, but it was a blast.

On Friday night, I picked up Kelly from the airport around 8:30 PM and we headed to dinner in Decatur. After dinner, we went to Paper Plane for drinks. Kelly's friends, Ali and Max, met up with us too. I've also known Max since high school so it was great to see him!
The whole gang. The drinks were awesome! The OTP cocktail was definitely the group favorite.
The next morning (after a 3 AM bedtime), I was the first one up (with the exception of Townes), so I picked some veggies from the garden and then just enjoyed a Georgia peach on the back porch. 


Then we headed to Sun in My Belly for brunch with Johnny C! We had the best time catching up and reminiscing about the past 15 years that we've been friends.

We all shared the fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese and then I had the "hangover" biscuit sandwich (biscuit with veggie soysage, fried egg, avocado, and siracha). It was pretty awesome!
After brunch, we headed to Universal Joint in Oakhurst for some beers. We had great conversations, Konig beers, and lots of laughs. The only issue was that after day-drinking, Kelly and I definitely came home and napped. :) We ended up laying low Saturday night with Vietnamese for dinner and then watching a movie at the house. 
On Sunday, we made tofu scramble for breakfast with fresh fruit, guacamole, and homemade salsa.
While cooking breakfast, I kept finding Townes in different areas of the back porch. It's hilarious how he acts like such a human sometimes!
After breakfast, we headed to Paris on Ponce for their Bastille Day celebration (better late than never, I suppose). 


 They had flavored moonshine from Dawsonville Moonshine Distillery. Their "Banging In The Woods" recipe was amazing. 

 They also had a dog costume contest going on while we were there, but we only watched the show for a little bit.

 Afterwards, we headed to Twain's to play some shuffleboard and have some draft beers since it was raining outside. For the record, J was the champion. 



It's been pretty awesome having Kel in town. I'm so lucky to have her as one of my best friends and it always feels like not a day has passed since we last talked. Even better, her whole family is moving back to ATL so now she'll have to come back even more often!

Hope your weekend was one for the books!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm I think we need to go to ALL of these places when Jeremy and I are in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...